Down with the military coup in Sudan
ICOR-Decision, 10 December 2021
On October 25, 2021, the reactionary military junta in Sudan carried out a military coup. The Sovereignty dissolved the Council and the government, declared a state of emergency. Army, Prime Minister Abdullah Hamdok and imprisoned numerous ministers and civilian political leaders. These individuals had led the government in collaboration with the military since the December 2018 popular revolution. The revolution put an end to the rule of the Muslim Brotherhood led by Omar al-Bashir, who impoverished his people, sold their resources, and brought war, disease and epidemics to the country. However, this change of government did not fundamentally change the power relations.
In the face of the military coup, the brave Sudanese people display an extraordinary fighting spirit. Led by the revolutionaries, they took to the streets calling for civil disobedience and a general sit-in. The army met the popular uprising with fire and repression, killing more than 35 people.
Therefore, ICOR declares:
- … condemns the military coup of the military junta. Second, a reactionary puppet government was set up. He then intensified his relations with reactionary, Zionist Israel. ICOR sees the aim of the coup as returning to the state of dictatorship, tyranny and injustice in which the Sudanese people have risen before.
- … resolutely supports the uprising of the Sudanese people, with their men and women, and all their activists, especially workers and poor peasants. The ICOR supports the uprising led by the Sudanese Communist Party, the union headquarters and all revolutionary and progressive national forces. It highly welcomes the call for civil disobedience and a sit-in to end the coup and overthrow the regime.
- … He believes that despite the overthrow of the head of the puppet regime, Omar al-Bashir, and the Muslim Brotherhood plundering Sudan's wealth, the revolution has not completed its tasks and the puppet regime remains in place. He worked with ceasefires and maneuvers until he got his breath back.
- … It reminds us that the events in Sudan are seen as an important lesson for communists and revolutionaries. The lesson is that we should never loose our attention during revolutionary struggles. Advance or retreat, whatever their form and tactics, we must remain determined until we achieve the strategic goal of overthrowing pro-imperialist regimes and establishing the domination of workers and poor peasants and the transition to a new socialist society.
- … Calls upon all communist parties, all forces and revolutionary forces for national and social liberation in Africa, the Arab world and the whole world to reject and condemn this coup. ICOR calls to support the popular uprising in its various manifestations and to organize campaigns of popular support by all available means.
Down with the military coup!
Glory to the martyrs!
Victory for the workers and oppressed masses in Sudan!
Signers (as of 10 December 2021, more signers are possible):
PCPCI Party Communist Prolearien de Côte d'Ivoire (Proletarian Communist Party of Ivory Coast)
UPC-Manidem Union des Populations du Cameroun- Manifeste National pour l'Instauration de la Démocratie (Cameroon People's Union – National Manifesto for the Establishment of Democracy)
MMLPL Moroccan Marxist-Leninist Proletarian Line
CPSA (ML) South African Communist Party (Marxist-Leninist)
PCT Parti Kommuniste du Togo (Communist Party of Togo)
PPDS Patriotic Democratic Socialist Party, Tunisia
MLOA Marxist-Leninist Afghanistan Organization
CPB Communist Party of Bangladesh
Bangladesh SPB Socialist Party
CPI (ML) Communist Party of India Red Star (Marxist-Leninist) Red Star
Ranjbaran Hezb-e Ranjbaran-e Iran (Proletarian Party of Iran)
NCP (Mashal) Communist Party of Nepal (Mashal)
PPRF Patriotic Peoples Nepal Republican Front
NDMLP Neo-Democratic Marxist-Leninist Party, Sri Lanka
CPA/ML Australian Communist Party (Marxist-Leninist)
Bulgarian Communist Party
Bulgarian Workers' Party (Communist)
PR-ByH Partija Rada – ByH (Labour Party – Bosnia and Herzegovina)
MLPD Marxistisch-Leninistische Partei Deutschlands (Marxist-Leninist Party of Germany)
UC Communist United, France
UPML Marxist-Leninist Proletarian Union, France
KOL Kommunistische Organization Luxemburg (Communist Organization of Luxemburg)
RM Rode Morgen (Red Dawn), Netherlands
UMLP Marxist-Leninist Union
TKP-ML Communist Party of Turkey – Marxist-Leninist (Communist Party of Turkey – Marxist-Leninist)
MLCP Marxist Leninist Communist Party of Turkey / Kurdistan (Marxist-Leninist Communist Party Turkey / Kurdistan)
KSRD Koordinazionnyj Sowjet Rabotschewo Dvizhenija (Coordinating Council of the Working Class Movement), Ukraine
PCC-M Partido Comunista de Colombia – Maoista (Communist Party of Colombia – Maoist)
PCP (independent) Communist Party of Paraguay (independent)
BDP Bloque Democratico Popular, Peru
PC (ML) Partido Comunista (Marxista Leninista) (Communist Party (Marxist-Leninist)), Dominican Republic
PCR-U Partido Comunista Revolucionario del Uruguay (Revolutionary Communist Party of Uruguay)