Down with the military coup in Sudan
ICOR-Resolution, 10 December 2021
On October 25, 2021, the reactionary military junta in Sudan carried out a military coup. It dissolved the Sovereign Council and the government, imposed a state of emergency. The military imprisoned Prime Minister Abdullah Hamdok and several ministers and civilian political leaders. These individuals had led the government in collaboration with the military since the December 2018 popular revolution. The revolution had ended the rule of the Muslim Brotherhood led by Omar al-Bashir, who had impoverished his people, sold off their resources, and brought wars, disease, and epidemics to the country. This change of government, however, had not fundamentally altered the relations of power.
In the face of the military coup, the courageous Sudanese people are showing an extraordinary fighting spirit. Led by revolutionaries, they have taken to the streets, calling for civil disobedience and a general sit-in. The military met the popular uprising with fire and repression, killing more than 35 people.
Therefore, ICOR declares that it …
- … condemns the military coup of the military junta. The latter forms a reactionary puppet government. The latter, moreover, has intensified its relations with the reactionary, Zionist Israel. ICOR sees the aim of the coup in returning to the state of dictatorship, tyranny and injustice against which the Sudanese people had previously risen.
- … resolutely supports the uprising of the Sudanese people with its women and men and with all its activists, especially the workers and poor peasants. ICOR supports the uprising led by the Sudanese Communist Party, the trade union center and all revolutionary and progressive national forces. It strongly welcomes the call for civil disobedience and sit-in strikes to end the coup and overthrow the regime.
- … believes that despite the overthrow of the head of the puppet regime, Omar al-Bashir, and the Muslim Brotherhood looting the wealth of Sudan, the revolution has not completed its tasks and the puppet regime has remained in place. It has worked with ceasefire and maneuvers until it regained its breath.
- … it reminds of the events in Sudan to be considered as an important lesson for the communists and revolutionaries. This lesson is that during revolutionary struggles we must never relax our attention. Whatever their form and tactics, whether advance or retreat, we must remain steadfast until we ultimately achieve the strategic goal of overthrowing the pro-imperialist reactionary regimes and establishing the rule of the workers and poor peasants and the socialist transition to a new society.
- … calls on all communist parties, all forces for national and social liberation and revolutionary forces in Africa, the Arab world and the whole world to reject and condemn this coup d’état. ICOR calls to support the popular uprising in its various manifestations and to organize campaigns of popular support with all available means.
Down with the military coup!
Glory to the martyrs!
Victory for the workers and the oppressed masses in Sudan!
Signatories (as of 10 December 2021, further signatories possible):
PCPCI Parti Communiste Proletarien de Côte d’Ivoire (Proletarian Communist Party of Ivory Coast)
UPC-Manidem Union des Populations du Cameroun – Manifeste National pour l’Instauration de la Démocratie (Union of Populations of Cameroon – National Manifesto for the Establishment of Democracy)
MMLPL Moroccan Marxist-Leninist Proletarian Line
CPSA (ML) Communist Party of South Africa (Marxist-Leninist)
PCT Parti Comuniste du Togo (Communist Party of Togo)
PPDS Parti Patriotique Démocratique Socialiste (Patriotic Democratic Socialist Party), Tunisia
MLOA Marxist-Leninist Organization of Afghanistan
CPB Communist Party of Bangladesh
SPB Socialist Party of Bangladesh
CPI (ML) Red Star Communist Party of India (Marxist-Leninist) Red Star
Ranjbaran Hezb-e Ranjbaran-e Iran (Proletarian Party of Iran)
NCP (Mashal) Nepal Communist Party (Mashal)
PPRF Patriotic Peoples Republican Front of Nepal
NDMLP New-Democratic Marxist-Leninist Party, Sri Lanka
CPA/ML Communist Party of Australia (Marxist-Leninist)
БКП Българска Комунистическа Партия (Bulgarian Communist Party)
БРП(к) Българска Работническа Партия (комунисти) (Bulgarian Workers Party (Communist))
PR-ByH Partija Rada – ByH (Party of Labor – Bosnia and Herzegovina)
MLPD Marxistisch-Leninistische Partei Deutschlands (Marxist-Leninist Party of Germany)
UC Unité Communiste (Communist United ), France
UPML Union Prolétarienne Marxiste-Léniniste (Marxist-Leninist Proletarian Union), France
KOL Kommunistische Organisation Luxemburg (Communist Organization of Luxemburg)
RM Rode Morgen (Red Dawn), Netherlands
UMLP União Marxista-Leninista Portuguesa (Portuguese Marxist-Leninist Union)
TKP-ML Türkiye Komünist Partisi – Marksist-Leninist (Communist Party of Turkey – Marxist-Leninist)
MLKP Marksist Leninist Komünist Parti Türkiye / Kürdistan (Marxist Leninist Communist Party Turkey / Kurdistan)
KSRD Koordinazionnyj Sowjet Rabotschewo Dvizhenija (Coordination Council of the Workers Class Movement), Ukraine
PCC-M Partido Comunista de Colombia – Maoista (Communist Party of Colombia – Maoist)
PCP (independiente) Partido Comunista Paraguayo (independiente) (Paraguayan Communist Party (independent))
BDP Bloque Democratico Popular (Popular Democratic Bloc), Peru
PC (ML) Partido Comunista (Marxista Leninista) (Communist Party (Marxist-Leninist)), Dominican Republic
PCR-U Partido Comunista Revolucionario del Uruguay (Revolutionary Communist Party of Uruguay)